Thursday, March 15, 2012

Prayer Before Work


I came across this prayer online a while ago (unfortunately, I lost my reference--thanks to whomever you are!), and I tweaked it a bit. It's another one of my favs; helps put your mind in the right place.  Hope you also find it helpful.

---

My Heavenly Father, as I enter this work place, I bring your Presence with me. I speak Your peace, Your grace, Your mercy, and Your Perfect order into this office.

I acknowledge Your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls. Lord, I thank You for the gifts with which you have blessed me. I commit to using them responsibly in Your honor.

Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Anoint my projects, ideas, and energy; so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring You glory. Grant me keenness of mind so that all that I set my mind to will bear good fruit; grant me also focus, freedom from distraction, and diligence, so that I may begin and complete my work in justice.

Lord, when I am confused, guide me. When I am weary, energize me. When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.

And Lord, when I leave this place, give me traveling mercy. Bless my family and home to be in order as I left it.

Lord, I thank you for everything You've done, everything You're doing, and everything You're going to do. In the Name of Jesus I pray, with much love and thanksgiving.

Amen.